Are you relatively new to vaping? Want to know much about your e-liquid? Are you using an e-liquid suited to the way you want to vape? There are a couple of good questions there, and I want to use this short piece to give you all the information about e-liquid and its different components and how they are mixed.
Inside Your Favoured Vape Juice
As they have successfully transitioned from smoking cigarettes to using vaping as a nicotine replacement, many vapers settle on an e-liquid and use it for some time. But there is a wealth of different e-liquids on the market today for the vaper to make their choice. To better understand them, it is essential to know what e-liquid constitutes. E-liquid contains four ingredients which are –
- Propylene Glycol – known as PG, is an organic compound used in medicines and foodstuffs for over 60 years. It is an excellent carrier of flavour.
- Vegetable Glycerin – also known as VG, is a clear liquid made from plant oils, a component of cosmetics and foods. It produces a smooth vape with a large amount of vapour.
- Nicotine – in its standard form, is not easily absorbed. Processes both new and old produce the two types of nicotine in use today, Freebase and Nic salt.
- Food-based flavourings – these are the everyday ingredients used in many food products.
The e-liquid used by most new vapers is a 50/50 PG/VG ratio which gives a good even vape and eases the transition from smoking cigarettes. There are other e-liquids mixed to different ratios which specialise in a certain way to vape.
What Is the Best Vape?
This question is not easily answered as the answer is subjective and may differ from vaper to vaper; there are many well-rated e-liquid producers in the marketplace. The Heisenberg e-liquid range is highly respected, as are the offerings from the dinner lady range. Also popular are the Apollo liquids, which have great flavour, and Vapoholic’s Fantasi range is a best seller in the UK; my advice is to give plenty of e-liquids a try – you can always go back to the one you like more than the others.
Different Types of E-Liquids
As I briefly mentioned, there are e-liquids mixed to different ratios, designed to give a heightened vaping experience in specific areas; the two main e-liquids available are as-
- 70/30 – this is an e-liquid with a higher level of VG; when used in a vape device with a sub-ohm coil, it produces a super smooth vape with giant clouds of vapour.
- 80/20 – the alternative is a vape high in PG, mainly designed for vape pens; it delivers a vape high in flavour with a great throat hit but less vapour.
Either of these options may sound more suitable to you, and the way you want to vape, check with your favourite vape supplier and see what they offer.
They are the basic e-liquid facts; I hope now you are more informed and can progress on your vaping journey to new experiences and delights. Happy Vaping