The aim of the website design is to encourage an exceptional and enticing atmosphere that facilitates the prolonged stay of the visitor on a webpage. Websites with improper branding and directly present the information on the products and services they offer have lower chances of high traffic than those who have to invest a lot
The aim of the website design is to encourage an exceptional and enticing atmosphere that facilitates the prolonged stay of the visitor on a webpage. Websites with improper branding and directly present the information on the products and services they offer have lower chances of high traffic than those who have to invest a lot of effort in the website formatting. It is similar to the creation of a company, as it involves a lot of planning and strategies, an efficient website design also needs same amount of efforts to detail. Here are the four steps to help you define the efficiency of a website.
- Plan, plan, plan.
Before proceeding with the website design, begin with planning out the online image you want to project. When the audience search, they will stumble upon your beautiful website, hence you must keep in mind:
- What is your business focus?
- What products and/or services are you offering to your customers? Retail? Location?
- Who are your existing customers? What kind of customers would you prefer to add to your target market?
- What do you wish your client to do if they visit your website for the first time?
- Making the website user-friendly is of no use, if your company doesn’t provide the appropriate products, services, newsletter or options to your existing or potential customers.
- Look from the customer’s perspective. What feature do you want to be easily understandable to you? What is it about a website that you find appealing? Is it easily navigable? Does it offer more than just a pitch?
- At the design table
Once you have identified your focus and audience, you can begin with the design process. Planning is an important part. Determine that if you are capable enough to design the website, if not, hire someone to do it for you, like The Web Shop. Discuss with them the colors, layout, and the functions of the pages you want on your website.
- Design plan and development
As you begin visualizing and creating the website design, planning is involved in this aspect too. Creation of content matters a lot in this step. You may not have the content at the moment, you should at least have a good idea of what kind of content do you want on your website and their precise location on the site. Coding is also an important part to begin with your web design. Ascertaining what format you want is important and its technical aspects as well, as it will keep your website updated.